"It is the policy of TSS Facilities Ltd to ensure that its work and processes do not contribute to environmental pollution. We will therefore comply with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act and all relevant regulations."
- We will encourage those working for us to avoid harming the environment and to report any potential environmental hazards to us. We will also ask them to give us ideas on steps that we can take to protect the environment from our work activities.
- We will endeavour to minimise emissions to the atmosphere when working and will minimise the amount of waste generated by re-using or recycling as much as possible before resorting to disposal.
- When disposal is necessary we will ensure that waste is stored safely and disposed of by licensed carriers having satisfied ourselves that they will be disposing of it appropriately.
- We will use licensed contractors to dispose of special or hazardous waste should the need arise.
- Risk assessments will be undertaken for all works to identify the safe method of working and the safe methods of disposal.
- Where disposal of waste forms part of the clients undertaking we will discuss with them what their arrangements are for disposal.
- When purchasing new plant, transport and equipment we will take into account its energy efficient properties.
- We will regularly review our environmental impact and set out standards for improvements.
- We will ensure that all plant, transport and equipment are regularly maintained so as to minimise pollution.