Health & safety
Here at TSS Facilities we pride ourselves on having a positive proactive approach to occupational health, safety, environmental and welfare in the work place, with an all through culture.
Our employees are required to attend a range of general and specific health and safety courses as well as holding industry approved certificates in their relevant trades.
Our comprehensive training matrix enables us to plan and schedule the necessary training before any problems arise.
Control the risk and boost your business:
At TSS Facilities we pride ourselves on protecting our staff from illness or injury in the workplace, we take care of our staff which makes them more inclined in looking after our business interests, our employees feel safer, confident and highly valued. Health and safety legislation exists to protect worker and business owner alike.
Our aim at TSS Facilities is to take care and look after all who work for us including contactors and Sub-contractors and anyone who may be affected by our acts or omissions.
As a result of our dedication to training and awareness we benefit from:
- A reduction in the number of working days lost due to illness and injury
- Higher Staff Retention
- Improved workforce motivation & productivity
- Stronger standards of quality & industry reputation
- Protection against potential legal action
- Reduction in insurance premiums
Health and Safety officials
In order to ensure we maintain our robust Health and Safety Management System, we employ our Health, Safety and Environmental Manager Steve Redfern who is working towards being a Chartered Member of IOSH. In addition we have 2 employees who are Technical Members of IOSH.
We have high standards ensuring our risk assessments, safe work method statements and operation procedures merge our organisation’s internal processes and procedures with our legal legislative obligations.
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is the primary piece of legislation that covers occupational health and safety in the workplace, this lays out the employers and employees responsibilities for health and safety. Employers have a ‘duty of care’ over the health, safety and welfare of their staff in the workplace
Also employees must take reasonable care for the health & safety of themselves and others (including members of the public) affected by their acts or omissions, and to Co-operate with the employer and others to enable them to fulfil their legal obligations.
TSS Facilities is accredited with:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System.
- CHAS - The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme.
- SafeContractor - The SafeContractor scheme provides a health and safety audit.
- Constructionline schemes - Constructionline is the UK’s most connected and progressive provider of procurement and supply chain management services
We are always looking to expand our accreditation to other recognised schemes, our systems and policies provide a sound platform for achieving this.
Health & Safety Consultancy Service
We have a wealth of experience specifically within:
- Accident and Incident Investigations
- Fire Risk Assessment & Management
- Grounds, Entertainments & Events
but not limited to.
TSS Facilities believes it makes good business sense to get equipped with the knowledge and skills to improve safety at work.
For more information email email@example.com or give us a call 01273 719111