Jobs with TSS
Water Treatment Manager wanted
TSS Facilities is a leading HVAC services company based in Brighton serving businesses, organisations and the local authorities across the South. We are looking to recruit a Water Treatment Manager to join our expanding team, reporting to the General Manager.
This job description sets out the scope of the role of Water Treatment Manager at TSS Facilities Ltd, together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
Scope of role
To manage the water treatment department including all engineers, risk assessors and administration staff. Generate quotes and maintaining client contracts with a view to maximising department revenue and profitability. Advise stakeholders and clients on building and premises issues relating to current water system regulations and the control of legionella bacteria codes of practice
TSS are proud of the company’s core values and for this position they require the successful candidate to:
- Accountability: Conduct all maintenance and certification in a transparent and responsible manner to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Customer Service: Deliver excellent customer service in line with training and company procedures. Ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Quality: Strive to achieve the highest quality every time in the service provided, the systems recommended and the components used.
- Safety: Prioritise a safety first ethos regarding equipment, customer liaison and staff.
- Organising and prioritising work of the water treatment administration team, water treatment engineering, legionella risk assessment team and liaising with team members to ensure all work is carried within time scale and to a satisfactory standard.
- Meet the Quality Standards as set out in the Quality Control Manual.
- Providing recommendations and prices for remedial works, routine control measure through quotations based on the risk assessments recommendations.
- Provide the general manager with monthly reports indicating team’s compliance with agreed KPI’s in accordance with LCA standards and current company procedures.
- Identify risks and assets safely and accordance with all agreed protocols and legislation.
- Compiling schematic drawings, preparing and producing reports for clients within specified time frame.
- Ensure samples delivered to the appropriate office in good time for analysis.
- Advise Water Treatment Director immediately where the presence of serious Legionella Risk gives cause for concern for whatever reason so that the necessary emergency remediation works can be instigated and confirmed to the client.
- Maximize the profitability of each contract by effective quoting and following up on all enquires
- Monitor Productivity of the department
- Investigate financial discrepancies within the department and produce a report for the General Manager
- Seek and identify opportunities to increase business turnover and maximize margin.
- Providing quotations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting in PQQ and tendering processes from initial communication through to payment application stage and liaising with client contract managers.
- Attend contract meetings with clients where necessary.
Health & Safety
- Ensure health and safety issues are complied with and that risk assessments & method statements are issued to engineers prior to undertaking a task and that engineers comply.
- Ensure inductions and training for operational teams are put in place and ensure health and safety is maintained at all times.
- Management of health & safety on site.
- Maintain a safe working environment for self and others.
- Liaise with customers, colleagues and suppliers to ensure all procedures are carried out in line with the agreed requirements & contract specifications.
- Develop a professional relationship with our suppliers and customer base where necessary.
- Communicate and deal with customer queries and complaints to resolve in a satisfactory manner and record. as per company procedure.
- Liaising with engineers and office staff regarding workloads to maintain an efficient level of service to clients.
- Communicating courteously with stakeholders including customers, suppliers and partners by telephone, email, and letter and face to face where required.
- Produce monthly management reports to include financial and Health and safety statistics.
- Overseeing work schedules from admin team to ensure compliance/maintenances visits are performed on time.
- Ensure all required paperwork is returned to the office as required.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of equipment and consumables with due consideration of environmental requirements.
- Weekly invoicing, including deputising for heating invoicing for holiday / sickness cover.
- Approval of all engineer’s timesheets, including apprentices, processing through payroll and job costing.
- Approving all purchase ledger invoicing.
- Responsible for IT systems, including VIXEN/CAUSEWAY package, assisting the FD.
Key Skills * Experience
- Experience of quoting for job to maximise profitability and best ROI.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and through written reports
- Minimum of 4 years as a qualified Legionella Risk Assessor
- Ability to prioritise Considerable demonstrable experience of carrying out Legionella Risk assessment across a wide variety of properties, construction types and operations
- Experience of developing and implementing water monitor regimes and strategies and interpreting data outputs and action non-compliance issues.
- Qualified and competent (as defined in law) to level L.C.A Level 4.
- Good working knowledge of domestic, commercial and industrial water systems
- Knowledge and compliance of all relevant water regulations governing domestic, commercial and industrial water systems.
- Competent with various in-house and generic computer systems including a high level of business use of Microsoft Office.
- Extensive experience of working within tight Health and Safety guidelines and within an UKAS accredited company.
- Competent and experienced contract management and negotiation.
- Excellent client facing acumen.
- High level of integrity
- Clear and down-to-earth communication style with ability to communicate at all level
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to travel on occasions to other areas in the UK
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasions
- Calm under pressure
- Generous helping of common sense!
In return we offer:
- A competitive Salary dependant on experience
- A Company Vehicle
- Company Contributory Pension
- Career Progression
- Continuous Professional Development
In the first instance, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com with a cover note explaining your suitability for this role. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES